Monday, June 2, 2008

eBay Wordpress Plugin PHPBay Comparison


I have received a few emails concerning the PHPBay Wordpress plugin and wanted to expand on it. Yes it is a great plugin. Yes it is very easy to set up and integrate into your Wordpress blog. I have been asked if it is better than Build A Niche Store and I can only tell you it is an unfair comparison. Both do the same thing, they deliver product listings of eBay listings via the EPN network. You can use the PHP ebay plugin to either add listings to a certain blog post or build a content/store page as well. It is just a different basket to put your eggs into, especially if you are very comfortable with Wordpress. An even better use of it is attaching a blog to your BANS store and posting to it at least once or twice a week with listings in the blog post. I am asked if I am dumping BANS for PHPBay all together and the answer is no. I just use it as a separate tool. I still use BANS and PHPeBay both, sometimes separate, sometimes together. If you are still a newbie learning the whole system, I would say continue on with just BANS until you see how the whole process works. If you are very comfortable with BANS then you might want to venture into PHPBay to give you a little more broadness. Thanks for all of the emails and I hope this clarifies my views on both a little better.

Related Posts by Categories



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your site, tons of content and BANS posts I hadn't previously read. PHPBay is great, but you didn't mention BayRSS. It's costs $37 compared to $49 for PHPBay and BayRSS does more. View my page How to earn money using affiliate eBay Wordpress plugin BayRSS for details. Keep up the great work - I will definitely be reading more of your posts - checking the relocation of the search box today and your free theme.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

New reader to your blog, very impressed so far. Past few days I keep coming back for more information!

But can you tell me - which makes better sense?

WPBANS or PHPBay?

Can you also show me a link to an actual live site using wordpress in root and BANS in subdirectory?

I think this is the way I want to go but I haven't actually seen a live version yet!

soggy on October 31, 2008 at 1:13 PM said...

rebel, I use all 3 on a site. PHPBay to add products in post sometimes.
http://passionduo.buildanichestoretemplates.info/
Above is a WP root setup.

Dave

Anonymous said...

So with the wordpress passionduo site - that is just wordpress with bans?

You write ALL of the content with wordpress and NONE with the Bans editor?

Or are those ebay auctions at the end of the post phpbaby or are they wpbans?

Or do you write content for your blog and for your store?

soggy on November 1, 2008 at 5:10 PM said...

All content i suggest being written with WP. BANS controls the store part and PHPBay lets you post some items in blog post as well.

Dave

Anonymous said...

On your example site http://passionduo.buildanichestoretemplates.info/
you don't seem to have any content on your actual store categories and only have content on the WP front end.

Is this the way it should be done? Wouldn't that mean that it would be classed as a "thin affiliate site"?

Anonymous said...

can ask you which is better bans or phpbay? and why?

hope can reply to yeepage37@yahoo.com

soggy on March 19, 2009 at 8:55 AM said...

simon, they are two different animals, depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Both work fantastic, cant say one is better than the other.

mike1144 on March 22, 2010 at 6:15 AM said...

hey great post
really good and having lot of information.
thanks for sharing

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy