Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Perfect Amazon Product


Let me start by saying this is no way scientific. It is merely a surface observation I have done from my own sites that I sell products from Amazon. It by no certainty mean you still can not color outside the lines.

The sites I have the most success with sell products that are in the $50-$150 range and those same items can not be found down at the local Wal-Mart. How is that for a broad range? Also based on 4% earnings per product sold, you can see that it does not take many sales for a site to earn it's keep so to speak. You will also find that most of these type products are easily shipped as well in this price range.

Does this mean you still can not sale hand held hair dryers because you can find them at Wal-Mart? Absolutely not. Research the niche. Some woman prefer a certain watt or brand of hair dryer. Just do your research, the answer is there.

Most people complain about the short Amazon cookie life, but I am here to tell you that if your site shows the product the surfer is looking to buy and it is the right price, you will have no problem converting them. This goes for most any product and any affiliate program. Some businesses do a better job closing the sale then others, but as affiliate marketers it is not hard to track who those are if you monitor your clicks closely.

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments:

Lewis Rizos on May 29, 2010 at 1:02 PM said...

Hmmmm...between 50 - 150 AND they are NOT found at Walmart...I'm outta ideas there. I figured Walmart must carry everything in that price range.

Anyway, I kinda took the opposite route. I focused on items in the $2000 range and it's been paying off quite well.

I can spend up to 3 days doing research on 1 item in this price range. At the end of my research I put together a 7-8 page wordpress blog dedicated to the product.

Since the domain name is based on the actual product Google automatically pops me in around page 3-4, after that I do some light backlinking via SEOLV (about 20-30 links) to bump me onto page 1.

I think the key to selling any type of physical product on amazon is real research...not the 30 minute kind.

Anyway, thanks Dave. Love the blog as always.

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy