Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Know your niche store competition


Before diving right into that new niche store, you need to examine the keyword phrase you are targeting and the competition you have in the top 10 Google results. I like to use the free Firefox tool offered by SEO Book. I can look at the domain age, the backlinks, DMOZ listings and many other key secrets my competition might have. Of course I do not recommend jumping right in after the search term "iPod", but top 10 results in Google for longer keyword phrases are prime for the taking. You should closely examine every site in the top 10. You need to see if you can pick up any tricks these websites are using. You also need to see if they have solid backlinks and where those backlinks are coming from. Often I have found that a top 5 player only has good optimization working for the site with very few backlinks. One thing is certain, the page you want to rank high, MUST be built around that keyword phrase you are targeting. I can not count the times that I see new BANS stores that try to target a group of phrases or terms on their front page. You are not giving Google a clear idea of what you are selling or targeting. Install that tool today and start your research now!

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy